AirConsole is an interesting concept, essentially it is a local-multiplayer focused game store and API where users play using their smart phones. Essentially AirConsole provides a portal for HTML5 developed games that use their special API enabling users to connect and play local (couch) multiplayer games using their smartphone as a controller, developers in turn can make revenue via ads played on the service.
The contest pays a total of $10,000 USD to the winning game, then $2,500 and $1,000 to two runners up.
More details from the announcement:
- First Place will be awarded prize money of USD 10’000
- Second Place will be awarded prize money of USD 2’500
- Third Place will be awarded prize money of USD 1’000
Additional prices: 3 x Construct2 Business License
- Your game uses the AirConsole API and is fully controllable by Smartphone.
- Your game has not previously received any funding from AirConsole or participated in other AirConsole contests with the exception of the Fall 2016 Student Competition.
How to participate
- Create a game or port an existing one using the AirConsole API or the AirConsole Unity Plugin and the guides & information available at developers.airconsole.com/
- Create a profile for your game on airconsole.com/developers
- Upload a .zip file of your build to said profile (you can do this more than once, not just for a final build)
- Fill out this Submission Form (includes a direct link to your final game upload)
The deadline for Submissions is February 26th 2017, 23:59h CET.