The developers over at Thunderbeast Games just released their fifth developer digest detailing the recent updates to the Atomic Game Engine. The Atomic Game Engine is an open source (now) MIT licensed 2D/3D game engine that was built on top of Urho3D. I did a Closer Look of both the Atomic Game Engine and Urho 3D should you wish to learn more about either engine.
Atomic Game Engine has gained several new features, including:
- Chromium web view integration ( Webview with both 2D and 3D support)
- Improved multiplayer support including NAT punch through support
- Per project asset import settings
- DXT compression
- Typescript integration
- Extensibility hooks in the editor
- Physically Based Rendering (PBR) support in the renderer (WIP)
Much more details about all of these features are available in the digest.