So if you want to stay on the bleeding edge, go get it.
Or of course you can just wait 10 days for the 2.60 official release.
The main changes are:
- 3D audio support
- Translated UI with support for non-western fonts
- Improved nodes editing
- Animation system improvements
- Texture face properties moved to Material
- Improved Weight Painting tools
- Recast Detour branch, GE navigation maps.
- Collada GSoC project
- VertexGroup modifiers
- Migrated to newer FFMpeg 0.8.2
- Sequencer proxy support
- Python callbacks for events like "on load" or "frame changed"
- OSX now has stable OMP (threading) support for sculpt and physics sims.
Not really a ton there for game developers yet. Was kind of hoping 2.60 was when BMesh would get merged in. Haven’t personally checked this release out and will probably wait for the non-RC release.