Today the Blender foundation announced the release of Blender 2.75. Not really a ton there from game developers specifically but a solid release all the same.
Image by Cosmos Laundromat – cosmoslaundromat.org
Blender Foundation and the blender.org developer community are proud to present the official Blender 2.75 release. The main highlights of this release are:
- Blender now supports a fully integrated Multi-View and Stereo 3D pipeline
- Cycles has much awaited initial support for AMD GPUs, and a new Light Portals feature.
- UI now allows font previews in the file browser.
- High quality options for viewport depth of field were added
- Modeling has a new Corrective Smooth modifier.
- The Decimate modifier was improved significantly.
- 3D viewport painting now supports symmetry and the distribution of Dynamic Topology was improved
- Video Sequence Editor: Placeholders can now replace missing frames of image sequences
- Game Engine now allows smoother LOD transitions, and supports mist attributes animation
- And: 100s of bug fixes and smaller feature improvements.
Released: July 1, 2015.
Complete release notes are available here.