Just two months after the Blender 2.83 LTS release we have a new version of Blender today, Blender 2.90 has shipped. Blender is an incredibly popular free and open source 3D modeling, texturing and animation application and the Blender 2.90 release makes it even better.
Key features of this release include:
- new physically based animated sky
- improved motion blur in EEVEE
- improved de-noising from Intel
- NVIDIA Optix support on a much larger range of devices
- new shadow terminator to avoid shading artifacts
- vastly improved multi-resolution support including the ability to rebuild subdivisions from models imported from other applications and new sub-division modes
- new cloth simulations with four types available
- improved pose brushes including scale/translate/squash and stretch
- improved modelling tools including better extrude, edge and vertex slide and bevel tools
- UV tools to automatical adjust UV and vertex colors while editing your mesh
- general UI/UX improvements including a new search implementation
- much, much more
Be sure to check out the complete release notes on Blender 2.90 and check out the video below for more details.