Two months after the beta release and 3 months after Blender 3.0 was released today the Blender Foundation released Blender 3.1. One of the major focus areas in Blender 3.1 is the continuing improvement of Geometry Nodes.
Key features of Blender 3.1 include:
- Metal based Cycles backend for M1 based Macs
- New Geometry Node improvements including extrude and scene time nodes and several UX improvements
- Point cloud rendering
- New C++ rewrite of the OBJ (wavefront) exporter, as well as USD and GLTF improvements and FBX exporter improvements
- Grease pencil improvements
- Faster SubDivision rendering in viewport
You can learn more about the Blender 3.1 release in the video below.