Blender 3.5 has just been released, the first release of 2023 (Blender 3.4 was released in Dec 2022). In a few short months Blender managed to add or improve upon a ton of features.
Highlight features of Blender 3.5 include:
- VDM or Vector Displacement Map sculpting
- GPU based real-time viewport compositing
- Editor (and renderer) now use Metal on Mac OS resulting in massive performance improvements on M1/M2 powered Macs
- Improvements to the hair tools added in Blender 3.3 including several new hair curve tools
- For the first time effort, Blender has several built-in assets including 26 hair assets
- Cycles lighting improvements
- Improved USD and GLTF import and exporting support
- Much, much more
We went hands-on with Blender 3.5 showcasing several of the hottest new features in the video below.