Every year Google sponsors the Summer of Code, a program that pays students to work on open source projects. This year’s GSoC is over and the results are being released. Earlier in the week the Godot game engine reported their results, yesterday Blender reported the results of the 7 projects undertaken in the 2019 summer of code.
The 2019 GSoC projects at Blender were:
- Outliner Improvements
- Improve Cycles/EEVEE for Procedural Content Creation
- Support for VR Headsets through OpenXR
- Bevel Custom Profiles
- Intel Embree BVH for GPU Support
- Cloth Simulator Improvements
- Continued LANPR Engine development
More details about the entries are available of the Blender Developer blog or learn more by watching the video below.