Version 1.3.2 of Cocos Creator was just released. Cocos Creator is a full game engine and editor built over top of the Cocos2d-x game framework. It is cross platform, free and open source. I did a hands on video shortly after Cocos Creator was launched if you want more details. This release is primarily composed of fixes and improvements.
From the release notes:
Cocos Creator 1.3.2 released!
We are excited to release version 1.3.2 of Cocos Creator. Cocos Creator is a new, unified, development tool that handles every step in the game development process.
This version offers an incredible performance increase for both Web and native platforms. There are 6 major features and numerous small changes in this version that will help Creator meet the needs of more and more types of projects! The following is the highlight of this update:
- [RichText] Added custom TTF font support
- [DragonBones] Fixed an issue initialize the dragonAsset property of the DragonBones component will report error and cause crash。
- [Engine] Fixes the problem of inconsistent viewsport after using renderTexture to capture screen.
- [Label] Fixed a bug where LabelOutline and RichText underline style has incorrect color on iOS and Android platforms
- [Loader] Fixed
cc.loader.loadmay not recognize the same resources correctly using caching.
- [Loader] You can pass in url to
cc.loader.releaseto release texture assets that don’t have uuid.
- [Engine] Detect WeChat version on iOS, in iOS 9 or before use Canvas rendering (due to the WeChat UIWebView bug), in iOS 10 on use WebGL rendering
- [Action] Fixed
rotateByparameters in the native platforms can not control the two axial rotation at the same time issue.
- [Prefab] Fixed issue that when Prefab node Size is 0 while the positions are greater than 100, double-click the Prefab will cause scene view not properly display.
- [Builder] When building a native project, if the C ++ engine version changes, prompt the user to delete the build project to regenerate
- [Builder] Add building process monitor to reduce the possibility of process stuck situation.
- [Builder] The build target path now supports relative paths
- [Collider] Fixes the bug that CircleCollider computes the error of boudingBox after it has modified anchor
- [Editor] Fixed the problem of displaying the account information in the main menu when switching account login
- [Animation] Improve the
samplemethod to operate on a particular animationState and automatically update the animation state by calling
- [Layout] Padding margins can now be customized in different directions
- [PageView] adds a new page layout mode, support for irregular page size
Important upgrade instructions
- The Windows version now uses use a 64-bit architecture, there is no longer support for 32-bit Windows systems. The advantage is that the editor can deal with a large number of image resources and improve the efficiency by at least 5 times, but also to support the emerging image format Webp.
Cocos Creator is maturing nicely. Is this a technology you would be interested in seeing tutorials for?