I just finished updating all of the cocos2D source code to the newest beta code ( as of today anyways ). You can read about what was involved here or you can download the source code below. I will be updating the text of each tutorial shortly, but in the meanwhile, you should be able to puzzling things out using just the source, the process stays pretty similar over all, even though there were extensive changes to the code.
Project Source Code
- Tutorial 2: Why it’s hello world of course source code
- Tutorial 3: All about sprites and positioning
- Tutorial 4: It’s all about control
- Tutorial 5: Menus, sound and music
- Tutorials 2-5 source, plus cocos2d pull from github as of 8/11/2012
I will post again when the text of the tutorials are updated.
A quick question to all of you, is there any value in keeping the old tutorials and link to the new ones, or should I just overwrite the existing tutorials? I can’t really think of a use for outdated tutorials, unless of course someone wanted to keep working with their old code base I suppose.