Ok… is it engine release day?
Anyway, again the title says it all, CryEngine 3.4.3 was released today. If you are un-aware, CryEngine is a 3D game engine like UDK or Unity, which is available for free to get started ( 20% royalty on shipped titles ). In addition to the FarCry series of games, Mechwarrior Online is powered by CryEngine. If nothing else, this engine is capable of creating extremely pretty games!
- Dedicated Server
- Revamped Launcher menu
- Sandbox Welcome screen, link to docs & smart open
- Terrain precision/smoothing improved
- Many tweaks/fixes/cleanups to the Sandbox UI
- SSAO improvements
- Improved SSR
- Terrain shadow casting support
- Box projected cubemaps
- Improved DX9 support for Environment Probes
Other than the briefest look, I haven’t looked all that closely at the CryEngine SDK. Therefore I have no idea if this is a big release or not… dedicated server sounds like a handy addition…
Anyway, you can read the full details here.
You can download it here.