DragonRuby is a game development framework powered by the Ruby programming language. It is lightweight and crossplatform with an easy to learn API. It is regularly $47USD, however it is currently included in the Bundle For Racial Justice currently running on Itch.io, along with hundreds of games for just $5.
Key features of DragonRuby include:
- Dirt simple apis capable of creating complex 2D games.
- Fast as hell. Powered by highly optimized C code written by Ryan C. Gordon, the creator of SDL (a library that powers every commercial game engine in the world).
- Battle tested by Amir Rajan, a critically acclaimed indie game dev.
- Tiny. Like really tiny. The entire engine is a few megabytes.
- Hot loaded, realtime coding, optimized to provide constant feedback to the dev. Productive and an absolute joy to use.
- Turn key builds for Windows, MacOS, and Linux with seamless publishing to Itch.io.
- Cross platform: PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Nintendo Switch, XBOX One, and PS4 (mobile and console compilation requires a business entity, NDA verification, and a Professional GTK License, contact us).
You can learn more about DragonRuby in the video below.