The cross platform source available 3D game engine Flax Engine just released version 1.5. This is a fairly significant upgrade on the Flax Game Engine, which released v1.0 back in December 2020. The engine has come a long way in a short period of time. The 1.5 release adds networking support, a new open source game development framework called Arizona, ImGui support (learn more), DLSS 3.x support and much more.
Key Features of the 1.5 Release:
- high level networking support
- Arizona game development framework, as well as a new sample using the framework
- ImGui UI layer support via plugin
- various performance upgrades
- hierarchical tag support
- Nvidia DLSS 3.1 support
- various editor improvements
- .NET 7 support in the works
- much more
You can learn more about the Flax Engine and the 1.5 release in the video below.