Gravit Designer 2019-2 has just been released. Gravit Designer is a vector based graphics application, available both on the web as well as downloadable for Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome. It is available in both free and pro editions. The 2019-2 release brings several new features, including translations for a dozen popular languages, which should be autodetected in the web based version based off your browser settings. The release also includes improved PDF support, Unsplash photo integration and more.
Full details from the release notes:
- Hallo, Bonjour, もしもし and Merhaba: As already teased (by accident) in the last release, Gravit Designer now comes with these twelve additional languages, available from Help → Language: German, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Russian, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Czech, Dutch, Japanese, and Turkish. This makes a total of 14 languages in your favorite design tool.
- On top of that, the correct language is automatically detected from the browser language, so you should see the correct translation by default.
- Unsplash photo integration: To give you even more options to work on your projects without needing to leave Gravit Designer, you can now add photos directly from the Unsplash photos category in the Libraries. Either click on a photo to insert it or drag it to the canvas.
- When having a shape selected on the canvas while clicking on a photo, it gets added as a texture fill.
- Additionally, when holding Alt it gets masked to the selected shape.
- Of course you can also search for photos and for some inspiration the dropdown list lets you choose from a range of categories.
- To simplify adding images to your designs, JPEGs and PNGs can now be opened directly from File → Open file… without needing to use File → Import → Place.
- Generally improved PDF import.
- Multiple improvements to duplicating pages in Multipage Mode:
- Duplicating with Ctrl/Cmd + D places the page after the last page, not in between other pages.
- Duplicating with Alt-dragging or moving it places the page exactly where dragging stops.
- A subsequent number now gets added to the name of the duplicated page (MyPage → MyPage 1). If duplicating a page that already has a number in the name, “.1” is added (MyPage 1 → MyPage 1.1).
- The bounding box of subsequent pages is now correctly respected.
- Hovering over pages now shows a selection box to clarify what will be selected when clicking (unrelated to duplicating).
- The interface font of Gravit Designer no includes Cyrillic characters.
- Fixed some last bugs for printing.
- Window functions (Minimize, Restore Down and Close) work correctly again in the Windows desktop version.
- Pages that have a Master Page assigned show the content outside of the page’s boundaries correctly.
- Solved a problem that JPEGs were exported with wrong header information.
- Solved some drawing issues with the Freehand and Freehand Shaping tool.
- Fixed that some categories in the Libraries show a large gap before the actual assets start.
- Resending the email confirmation works correctly again. DEV-2571
- The Preserve editing capabilities for SVG files option for SVGs in the Export dialog doesn’t hang the Export dialog anymore.
- Fixed that certain files show an incorrect warning for missing fonts.
You can learn more about this release and see Gravit Designer in action in the video below. You can run Gravit Designer directly in your browser right here.