The popular open source vector graphics application Inkscape just had a new release, version 0.92.3. This release was primarily a maintenance release but a few new features were also added.
Details of the release:
- Blank pages being output when attempting to print multiple copies of a document
- The inability to cancel during the export of large files
- Application crashes caused by attempting to drag a path at a cap or line join
- Some issues with keyboard shortcut functionality on non-Latin keyboard layouts
A few performance improvements and usability enhancements that made it into the release, include:
- New SVG export options from the command line
- Support for right-to-left text
- Improved ellipse controls
- Multi-line text support for the PDF+LaTeX export
- New render tile preferences for performance tuning
- Better startup performance for many Windows users
You can read more about the release here with the complete release notes available here. Mac users are going to have to wait a few days for a package to be available, but Windows and Linux users can download it here.