Just one month after the beta release, the popular open source vector graphics based application Inkscape just released Inkscape 1.2. Available for Windows, Mac and Linux, the 1.2 release adds tons of new features and user interface improvements.
Highlight features of the 1.2 release include:
- Inkscape documents can now hold multiple pages, which are managed by the new Page tool
- Editable markers and dash patterns
- Layers and objects dialog merged
- On-canvas alignment snapping and Snap settings redesign
- New ‘Tiling’ Live Path Effect
- Redesigned Export dialog with preview and ability to select objects/layers/pages and even multiple file formats to export to
- Import SVG images from Open Clipart, Wikimedia Commons and other online sources
- Selectable object origin for numerical scaling and moving
- All alignment options in a single dialog
- Gradient editing in the Fill and Stroke dialog
- Gradient dithering
- SVG Font Editor updated
- Flowing text around shapes and text padding
- Convenience Boolean operation for splitting paths
- Configurable Tool bar, continuous icon scaling and many more new customization options
- Performance gains for many parts of the interface and many different functions
- Lots of improvements to the user interface
- Numerous crash & bug fixes in the main Inkscape program and in in the stock extensions
- and so much more!
You can learn more about the Inkscape 1.2 release in the video below.