Krita is a popular open source digital painting application, which just saw a milestone 3.1 release. Why a milestone release you ask? This release marks the first time that Krita runs natively on Mac OS thank to a summer of code sponsored project by Julian Thijssen. A Mac OS release isn’t the only feature of this release. Full features include:
- Mac OSX Support
- Render animations (to Gif, MP4, MKV and OGG formats)
- Animation Curves and Opacity (another Summer of Code project)
- New Colour picker
- New Quick Brush Engine
- Stop Based Gradient Editor
- Create a stroke around your selection (https://docs.krita.org/Stroke_Selection)
- Halftone filter added. Find it in the main menu: Filters > Artistic.
- add a new Eraser Switch Opacity feature, similar to the Eraser Switch Size one.
- new layer from visible option in layer menu
- OSX: add quicklook plugin
- Added support for loading Scribus XML palettes.
Krita is available for download here.