The NeoAxis Engine, which was recently open sourced, just released version 2020.8. The key new feature of this release is a new streamlined education version with a streamlined and easier to learn user interface. There were a variety of other improvements including:
- Transform tool has been improved. Move & Rotate mode has been added. Better visual look of the tool.
- Screen labels have been improved. Icons, permanent visible labels, the ability to configure visual settings of the labels.
- Various improvements to the editor for more intuitive creation of base objects.
- Render To File component. A tool for rendering a scene to a file.
- Skybox component has been improved. Now source texture is used for scene background instead of using processed cubemap. The processed cubemap now is used only for reflections.
- Fog, cubemaps, lighting were fixed.
- Significant reduction in memory consumption.
- Debug Info: More info about memory consumption.
- Automatic unloading textures which are not used long time.