NeoAxis, a C# based game engine with a rich tool suite including a full map editor, just released version 3.4. A somewhat minimal release in anticipation of version 4.
Features from the release:
- Updated tools skin.
- Latest PhysX 3.3.4. Works faster and is more stable. Good character physics, improved car physics, fixed terrain problems.
- OS X support has been improved. New Mono Runtime 4.2.1 with new Generational GC (SGen) support. OS X 10.8 now is the minimal supported system.
- Sound backend has been improved. OpenAL Soft updated up to 1.17.2. Internal SSE optimizations.
- All example maps have been updated.
- Better object selection algorithms in Map Editor. It’s now easier to select zones, portals and other volumes.
- Post processing: Color correction lookup table support.
- Exporters: support of the latest Autodesk 3ds Max 2016 and Maya 2016. Ability to install exporter for yet unpublished versions of 3ds Max and Maya (2017+) added.
- Exporters: Ability to install exporters to a specified folder.
- File system: The ability to load archives during simulation. As example to use it for downloadable content.
- Map Editor: Ability to open the type of selected object in Resource Editor. Use context menu.
- MapCamera: Ability to set orthographic camera.
- Web Browser Control: You can now configure a local HTML start file. Zooming and mip maps generation for in-game 3D GUI.
- Bug fix: Native memory manager: Crash Memory_AllocAligned on 64-bit applications.
- Bug fix: Exporters: Unable to override material in some cases.