The NVIDIA game development team just announced the release of the RTX GPU optimized branch of Unreal Engine. The 4.25.4 branch of Unreal Engine is the most current as of time of writing. The NVIDIA RTX branch is all about bringing RTX hardware optimized raytracing performance to UE4.
Details of the release:
- Stability improvements
- Hitching improvements due to async shader management
- Transmissivity of light through foliage
- Several generic SW overhead reductions for RT setup
- Better culling default for instanced static meshes (foliage)
- Minor fixes for light culling in reflections
- Substantial improvements in GI and path tracing performance with high light counts
- Unreal Engine 4.25.4 Update
There is also a experimental caustics branch with the following features:
- The new hybrid translucency mode
- Multi-bounce refraction optimization
- Based on the latest NVIDIA RTX Branch
- Mesh and Water caustics feature
More details of NVIDIA Unreal Engine support are available here. In order to access the RTX branches available on GitHub you have to first link your GitHub account to your Unreal Engine account with details available here.