Long running open source Windows-based graphical application Paint.NET just released version 5. The Paint.NET 5 release contains several new features, but the biggest among them is massively increased GPU support, pressure sensitive brushes and a new plugin system (which also takes advantage of the new GPU functionality).
New features of Paint.NET 5 include:
- pressure sensitive stylus support
- GPU support (user interface, adjustments and effects)
- embedded colour profiles
- improved image resizing (including GPU acceleration)
- new adjustments (exposure, shadows, color temperature, etc)
- new effects such as straighten and bokeh blur
- a new effect plugin system with improved GPU integration, better UI options and more
- misc other improvements
You can learn more about the Paint.NET 5 release and see it in action in the video below.