Paradox Interactive have just launched an interesting new indie game developer publishing program, World of Darkness Unbound. This program enables indie game developers to create games set in the Vampire the Masquerade 5th edition universe and publish them to Itch.io either free to play or commercially. Revenue from commercial games is then split with Paradox with a 33/67 split, plus whatever cut Itch.io receives.
1. Your game must be based on Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.
2. Your game must be hosted solely on itch.io. You may not publish the game in other stores, as well as collect payments for it on personal pages, crowdfunding campaigns, or anywhere outside itch.io. You are allowed to additionally fund the game in the ways allowed by Dark Pack agreement – through Patreon, Youtube, Twitch and similar voluntary donations that are not tied with gaining the access to the game.
3. Your game cannot use assets you have no rights to use, and must comply to general itch.io content rules.
4. Your game cannot contain “Vampire: The Masquerade” or “World of Darkness” in its name.
5. Your game must include World of Darkness Unbound logo in the main menu or opening screen, a note: “This game is a part of World of Darkness Unbound program. Events portrayed in this game are not canon within World of Darkness universe”, as well as copyright and trademark notices mentioned in the Licensing Agreement. You can download the logo and the Licensing Agreement using the link below the rules section.
6. Historical settings are welcome, but similarly to Storytellers Vault rules, please keep to “real” time periods – no science fiction, steampunk, cyberpunk or similar.
7. Your game must be either free or cost $5.99 or more.
8. If your game is monetized, you agree to pay Paradox 33% of the net revenue. For more information about the pricing and royalty, check the Licensing Agreement under the link below.
9. By entering World of Darkness Unbound program, you agree to these rules, as well as the Licensing Agreement available under the link below.
You can learn more about the World of Darkness, Vampire the Masquerade IP and the World Of Darkness Unbound publishing program from Paradox Interactive in the video below.