- WebGL and Canvas ( Pixi.js ) renderers
Release 2.0.5 adds:
- TypeScript definitions fixes and updates (thanks @luispedrofonseca @clark-stevenson @Anahkiasen @adamholdenyall @luispedrofonseca @WillHuxtable)
- Input.getPointerFromIdentifier docs update to reflect where the identifier comes from. Pointer properties now set to give it fixed defaults (thanks @JirkaDellOro, #793)
- Pointer.pointerId added which is set by the DOM event (if present in the browser). Note that browsers can and do recycle pointer IDs.
- Pointer.type and Pointer.exists properties added.
- QuadTree.retrieve can now accept either a Sprite with a physics body or a Phaser.Rectangle as its parameter.
- PluginManager.add now accepts additional parameters and if given a function it will pass them all to the Plugin constructor.
- Tilemap.getTile has a new nonNull parameter. If true it won’t return
nullfor empty tiles, but will return the actual Tile in that location.
- Math.interpolateAngles and Math.nearestAngleBetween have been removed for the time being. They threw run-time errors previously.
- PIXI.InteractionManager is no longer over-written if the object already exists (thanks @georgiee, #818)
- Key.justPressed and justReleased incorrectly set the delay value to 2500ms. Now defaults to 50ms (thanks @draklaw, fix #797)
- Stage.backgroundColor can now accept short-code hex values:
- Pointer.withinGame is now accurate based on game scale and updated as the Pointer moves.
- Stage.bounds is now updated if the game canvas offset changes position. Note that it contains the un-scaled game dimensions.
forceparameter added to Group.set, setAll, setAllChildren, setProperty which controls if a property is created even if it doesn’t exist.
- Group.hasProperty will check a child for the given property and return true if it exists, otherwise false.
- Phaser.Tween.from allows you to set tween properties that will end up where the current object is (thanks @codevinsky, #792)
- Input.getPointerFromId will return a pointer with a matching pointerId value, if any. pointerId is a value set by the browser in the DOM event.
- ArcadePhysics.getObjectsUnderPointer will return all children from a Group that overlap with the given Pointer.
- InputManager.minPriorityID lets you set the minimum priority level an object needs to be to be checked by a Pointer. Useful for UI layer stacking.
- New consts: Phaser.Tilemap.NORTH, SOUTH, EAST and WEST to use with plugins and generally just handy to have.
- BitmapData.processPixelRGB added undefined check (thanks @muclemente, fix #808)
- Phaser.Utils.transposeArray will transpose the given array and return it.
- Phaser.Utils.rotateArray will rotate the given array by 90 or 180 degrees in either direction and return it.
- BitmapData.rect provides a quick way to draw a Rectangle to a BitmapData.
- Button.onOverMouseOnly is a boolean that causes onOver events to fire only if the pointer was a mouse (i.e. stops onOver sounds triggering on touch)
- Tilemap.setCollision has a new boolean parameter ‘recalculate’ which lets you control recalculation of collision faces (thanks @max-m, #819)
- Tilemap.setCollisionBetween has a new boolean parameter ‘recalculate’ which lets you control recalculation of collision faces (thanks @max-m, #819)
- Tilemap.setCollisionByExclusion has a new boolean parameter ‘recalculate’ which lets you control recalculation of collision faces (thanks @max-m, #819)
- Tilemap.setCollisionByIndex has a new boolean parameter ‘recalculate’ which lets you control recalculation of collision faces (thanks @max-m, #819)
- Graphics.drawTriangles will draw an array of vertices to the Graphics object (thanks @codevinsky, #795)
- Polygon.area will calculate the area of the Polygon (thanks @codevinsky, #795)
- The Tiled JSON parser will now include Tiled polygons, ellipse and rectangle geometry objects in the resulting map data (thanks @tigermonkey, #791)
- Input.addMoveCallback allows you to bind as many callbacks as you like to the DOM move events (Input.setMoveCallback is now flagged as deprecated)
- Input.deleteMoveCallback will remove a previously set movement event callback.
- Mouse will now check if it’s over the game canvas or not and set Pointer.withinGame accordingly.
- Mouse.mouseOutCallback callback added for when the mouse is no longer over the game canvas.
- Mouse.stopOnGameOut boolean controls if Pointer.stop will be called if the mouse leaves the game canvas (defaults to false)
- Tilemap.searchTileIndex allows you to search for the first tile matching the given index, with optional skip and reverse parameters.
- Tilemap.layer is a getter/setter to the current layer object (which can be changed with Tilemap.setLayer)
- Cache.checkKey added – allows you to pass in a Cache type and a key and return a boolean.
- Cache.checkCanvasKey(key) – Check if a Canvas key exists in the cache (thanks to @delta11 for the proposal)
- Cache.checkTextureKey(key) – Check if a Texture key exists in the cache (thanks to @delta11 for the proposal)
- Cache.checkSoundKey(key) – Check if a Sound key exists in the cache (thanks to @delta11 for the proposal)
- Cache.checkTextKey(key) – Check if a Text key exists in the cache (thanks to @delta11 for the proposal)
- Cache.checkPhysicsKey(key) – Check if a Physics key exists in the cache (thanks to @delta11 for the proposal)
- Cache.checkTilemapKey(key) – Check if a Tilemap key exists in the cache (thanks to @delta11 for the proposal)
- Cache.checkBinaryKey(key) – Check if a Binary key exists in the cache (thanks to @delta11 for the proposal)
- Cache.checkBitmapDataKey(key) – Check if a BitmapData key exists in the cache (thanks to @delta11 for the proposal)
- Cache.checkBitmapFontKey(key) – Check if a BitmapFont key exists in the cache (thanks to @delta11 for the proposal)
- Cache.checkJSONKey(key) – Check if a JSON key exists in the cache (thanks to @delta11 for the proposal)
- New movement data added for a Pointer Locked mouse (Pointer.movementX/Y) (thanks @woutercommandeur, #831)
- ScaleManager.bounds is a Rectangle object that holds the exact size of the game canvas, taking DOM offset and game scale into account.
The Plugins have now all moved to their own repository
- Line.pointOnLine corrected algorithm (thanks @woutercommandeur, fix #784)
- Line segment collision fails under certain cicumstances (thanks @woutercommandeur, fix #760)
- The P2 DistanceConstraint method signature has changed. Updated Phaser so maxForce is now passed as object (fix #788)
- Moved the this._reversed flag outside of the property loop in Tween (as per tween.js issue 115)
- Emitter.makeParticles updated to use Array.isArray() check on the key/frame values, so non-string objects can be passed in (thanks @AnderbergE, fix #786)
- Tilemap.createFromObjects will now force the creation of the property again even if it doesn’t exist (regression fix from 2.0.4)
- Phaser.Line.intersectsPoints fixed by properly checking the boundaries (thanks @woutercommandeur, fix #790)
- Group.set and setAll were changed in 2.0.4 to not create the property unless it existed. This broke backwards compatibility, so has been fixed.
- Sound.play now returns the Sound object (thanks @AnderbergE, fix #802)
- Device Silk UA test updated to avoid Safari conflict (thanks @jflowers45, fix #810)
- Sound.stop on Samsung S4 would randomly throw a DOM error. Wrapped the audio stop in a try/catch (thanks FSDaniel)
- RandomDataGenerator.integerInRange would return a non-integer value if you passed in a float.
- Timer class updated so that code-resumed pauses don’t mess up the internal _pausedTotal value (thanks @joelrobichaud, fix #814)
- Timer class when paused by code after a game-level pause wouldn’t set the codepaused flag (thanks @joelrobichaud, fix #814)
- Stage.backgroundColor now properly accepts hex #RRGGBB and color values 0xRRGGBB again (fix #785)
- Color.getRGB would return incorrect color components if a color value without alpha was given, now works with both 0xRRGGBB and 0xAARRGGBB.
- Color.getWebRGB now works regardless if you give an 0xRRGGBB or 0xAARRGGBB color value.
- If an object was drag enabled with bringToTop, the onDragStop event wouldn’t fire until the mouse was next moved (thanks @alpera, fix #813)
- RetroFont.text would throw WebGL errors due to an issue with Pixi.RenderTexture. Fixed in Phaser and submitted code to Pixi.
- RenderTexture.resize would throw WebGL errors due to an issue with Pixi.RenderTexture. Fixed in Phaser and submitted code to Pixi.
- Group.hasProperty fixed to not use hasOwnProperty, but a series of
inchecks (thanks @mgiuffrida for the idea, #829)
- Tilemap.removeTile sets tiles to null but should set to index of -1 (thanks @draklaw, fix #835)
Plugins being moved to their own respository should make contributing to Phaser easier. The repository is available here.
Personally I’ve been meaning to look closer at Typescript for a quite a while now and I’ve decided to do it with Phaser. Of course I am going to document the process as I go, so if you are interested in Phaser or Typescript, stay tuned. It’s not going to be a proper tutorial; as I have zero experience as of right now. It should however still be useful to someone looking to get started with Phaser.