Phaser is a popular open source HTML5 2D game framework, that just released version 3.3.0. Phaser has been on a rapid release schedule since Phaser 3 was released just last month.
Highlights of this release include:
- Lots of new Game Configuration properties which are passed to the renderer, including power preferences, anti-aliasing, drawing buffer preservation and more.
- Arcade Physics can now wrap physics bodies around the world.
- Camera shake, fade and flash all now have optional callbacks that can be invoked when the effect completes.
- Camera fadeIn and Camera fadeOut are two new methods to help with scene transitions (also with callbacks)
- Groups now listen for the
destroyevent coming from children and automatically purge them from the Group if received.
- There is a new MatterGameObject which allows you to bind a Matter Physics body with any renderable Game Object, such as Text, Bitmap Text or TileSprite (see the labs for examples)
- The Sound Manager has new chainable setRate and setDetune methods.
Additionally the documentation has seemed heavy focus which will hopefully result in Typescript definitions being available soon™. In addition to the above features there were several other smaller improvements and bug fixes. You can read the full change log here.
If you are interested in getting started with Phaser, be sure to check out our recently released Getting Started with Phaser 3 video tutorial, also embedded below.