It’s most a maintenance release, so the list of new features is fairly sparse:
- Phaser.Loader now supports BLOB urls for audio files (thanks @aressler38 #1462)
- Line.reflect will calculate the reflected, or outgoing angle of two lines. This can be used for Body vs. Line collision responses and rebounds.
- Line.normalAngle gets the angle of the line normal in radians.
- Line.normalX and Line.normalY contain the x and y components of the left-hand normal of the line.
- Line.fromAngle will sets this line to start at the given
ycoordinates and for the segment to extend at
anglefor the given
- BitmapData.drawGroup draws the immediate children of a Phaser.Group to a BitmapData. Children are only drawn if they have their
existsproperty set to
true. The children will be drawn at their
yworld space coordinates. When drawing it will take into account the child’s rotation, scale and alpha values. No iteration takes place. Groups nested inside other Groups will not be iterated through.
You can read the complete release notes here.
The release 2.3 milestones are available here.
They also made this announcement regarding version 3:
We’re hard at work on Phaser 3. Development on the brand new renderer began in earnest last year and we’re already seeing exceptional results from it. You can follow our development in the forum and public repo. Even though we’re working on taking Phaser 3 into ES6 and the next generation of web browsers, we haven’t stopped with the 2.x branch.
If Phaser sounds interesting to you, of course, Gamefromscratch has an extensive tutorial series available here.