PlayCanvas, the HTML5 based 3D game engine just released version 1.23.0. The primary new features of the release is that PlayCanvas is now available via the NPM, the Node Package Manager. Additionally you can now generate TypeScript definitions for the entire API.
Details of the release from the PlayCanvas GitHub:
- [NEW] PlayCanvas now available on NPM: https://www.npmjs.com/package/playcanvas (@aidinabedi)
- [NEW] Official TypeScript definitions for the entire PlayCanvas API (‘npm run tsd’)
- [NEW] Added pc.Vec2/3#distance (distance between 2 points)
- [IMPROVEMENT] Post effects now use MSAA render targets when WebGL 2 is available
- [IMPROVEMENT] Grab pass can now be used in combination with post effects (@aidinabedi)
- [IMPROVEMENT] playcanvas-latest.js renamed to playcanvas.js
- [IMPROVEMENT] WebVR Polyfill dependency removed from the engine
- [DOCS] Build a local copy of the API reference manual (‘npm run docs’)
- [DOCS] 100s of fixes and improvements to the API reference manual (@aidinabedi)
- [FIX] Right to Left text alignment fix
- [FIX] Entities cloned inside postInitialize now have their own postInitialize functions called
If you are interested in checking out or learning PlayCanvas check out our PlayCanvas Step by Step Bowling Game tutorial.