Sulis is an open source (GPLv3) licensed RPG written using the Rust programming language. It is a full implementation of a western style ( Baldur’s Gate, Divinity) RPG with Lua scripting, turn based combat, dialog and inventory systems and much more.
Sulis is available for download for both Windows and LInux on sulisgame.com. Features of Sulis include:
- Cross platform native binaries, currently built for Windows and Linux
- Multiple campaigns with over 8 hours of playtime, featuring both handcrafted and procedural content.
- We are designing a detailed and fully realized world and story – check out the Lore page.
- Designed with modding in mind – although more work still needs to be done in this area.
- A powerful 2D graphics engine with zoom, scalable UI, HiDPI support, and a swappable graphics backend.
- Runs on very modest hardware – even software renderers (although at a reduced frame rate).
The source code is hosted on Github.
You can learn more about, as well as see Sulis in action, in the video below.