The major new features of this release are:
Auto Updater and a new installer.
On windows machines, the installer is now MSI based. Additionally you have option on OS/X and Windows of having Tiled automatically check for updates and present the release notes. You can also set it to automatically download and install future updates.
Improved Property Editing
The custom properties have been improved. First up is the new Objects Type Editor enabling you to predefine a set of properties:
One other major ability is the ability to define properties types as well as their name, supporting string, int, float and bool types.
Full Change Log
- Added checking for updates, based on Sparkle and WinSparkle
- Added default property definitions to object types (with Michael Bickel)
- Added types to custom properties: string, float, int, boolean (with CaptainFrog)
- Added Properties view to the Tile Collision Editor (by Seanba)
- Added a reset button for color properties
- Added eraser mode to Terrain Brush and fixed some small issues
- Reuse existing Tiled instance when opening maps from the file manager (with Will Luongo)
- Allow setting tile probability for multiple tiles (by Henrik Heino)
- New MSI based installer for Windows
- Optimized selection of many objects
- libtiled-java: Fixed loading of maps with CSV layer data that are not square (by Zachary Jia)
- Fixed potential crash when having Terrain Brush selected and switching maps
- Updated Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Russian and Spanish translations
You can read more about the release here.