The Unigine Game engine just released version 2.14, adding several new features to this game engine. Unigine recently added an indie friendly community license that is free for developers making less than $100K a year. The Unigine engine has been under development for more than a decade and offers C++, C# and scripting support while offering all of the high end graphics you would expect from a modern game engine. The Unigine 2.14 release adds the following features:
- more cloud rendering option with a total of 10 types of clouds and other improvements to the cloud rendering
- new landscape generator tool Sandworm (commercial only)
- improvements to the water system including finer tune control over waves
- integration of .NET 5 (C# 9)
- light meter a new visual debugger to simplify lighting adjustments
- planar reflection probes
- per-effect quality preset system
- other changes
You can read more about the Unigine 2.14 release here with complete release notes available here. You can download Unigine here as well as compare the different commercial versions available. If you have any questions, problems or comments, be sure to check out their Discord server available here.
You can learn more about the Unigine release in the video below.