Coming 9 months after the previous release, Unigine 2.15 was released today. The biggest new feature is the new Visual Material Graph Editor, a drag and drop tool for visually composing textures. Unigine now offers a community version which is free for developers making less than $100K USD a year.
Details of the Unigine 2.15 release:
- Node-based material graphs with visual editor.
- New water system with individual control over each wave.
- Advanced data compression for Landscape Terrain.
- Sandworm tool upgrade: online GIS sources, distributed generation.
- Extended Mixed Reality support for Varjo XR-3 headset.
- Editor plugins system.
- UnigineEditor: updated Brush tools, new Asset Browser, and other improvements.
- Improved IG high-level weather system.
- Mars demo 1000×1000 km in size.
You can learn more about the Unigine 2.15 release in the video below.