Following on the heels of the Unity 2021 LTS release, Unity have just released Unity 2022.1 Tech Stream release. The tech stream releases add the shiny new features, while the LTS or Long Term Support versions are considered more stable and will be supported for two years after release.
The 2022.1 Release includes new features such as:
- New Material Variant for creating material inheritance
- Editor extensibility improvements
- New spline toolkit
- Visual search improvements
- Sprite and 2D PSD photoshop importer improvements
- New frame timer improvements (enhanced profiler details)
You can learn more about Unity 2022.1 and see several new features (material variants, search and frame timer) in action in the video below.