The Unity game engine just received another patch, this one 5.4.0p2. Once again it’s full mostly of bug fixes and small improvements.
Changelog from the release notes:
- Core: Added support for loading serialized files stored with versions >= 5.5.0a4
- DX11: Improved texture upload performance for compressed, floating point ant RGBA32 formats (812350).
- Networking: Projects using UnityWebRequest from UnityEngine.Experimental.Networking should now be auto-upgraded to use its new location in UnityEngine.Networking.
- VR: Mac version of the editor can now add OpenVR as a VR platform when targeting the Windows player.
- VR: Stereo View and Projection Matrices can be set individually through scripting API.
- VR: Updated Oculus to Version 1.7.
- VR: Updated OpenVR DLL to version 1.0.2.
- (820608) – AI: Fixed an issue where ‘Not Walkable’ objects close to the ground would not create a hole in the navmesh when baked.
- (822015) – AI: Fixed an issue where NavMeshAgent remaining distance property would be wrong right after setting the agent destination to the same polygon.
- (822362) – AI: Fixed an issue where NavMeshAgent would sometimes teleport right after NavMeshObstacle carving.
- (811880) – Android: Added fix for crash on returning from Handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie.
- (803481, 807275) – AssetBundles: Fixed an issue where calling Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets while loading an AssetBundle with AssetBundleRequest.LoadAssetAsync caused an error & stopped the asset from being loaded properly.
- (814152) – Camera: Fixed an issue where rect was ignored when using SetTargetBuffers.
- (791721) – IL2CPP/Windows Store: Allow non-blocking sockets to work properly on 64-bit builds.
- (819647, 821614) – IL2CPP: Correct some calls to HasValue on nullable types, which could return true when the nullable does not have a value.
- (818966) – IL2CPP: Generate proper C++ code for some cases involving array parameters passed by reference.
- (815185) – UnityWebRequest: Report downloaded bytes for asset bundle and properly report 1.0 progress when finished.
- (none) – VR: Fixed crash when exiting VR in certain cases where the HMD was detected as not connected on the first frame.
- (none) – VR: Fixed viewport scale issues with OpenVR.
- (804577) – Windows Store: Generate code in exported the solution to enter full screen if “Default is full screen” is set in player settings.
- (804583) – Windows Store: Generate code in exported the solution to setup initial orientation.
- (817285) – Windows Store: Suppress system overlays by default in il2cpp solutions (make consistent with .NET).
The patch is available for download here.