Although perhaps overshadowed by the release of Unity 5.5, Unity have also released a patch for their older version, 5.4.3p2. As always the patch is composed entirely of fixes and improvements, including:
- Shaders: Increased the number of allowed shader keywords to 256 (up from 128). Optimized related parts of the code, so it’s often actually faster now.
- (844606) – Android: Fixed crash on some devices when multiple sprite objects are in scene.
- (821909) – Collab: Auto Refresh is no longer force enabled even after Collab is turned off.
- (800613) – Deployment Management: Report build-time-generated streaming resources, such as texture atlases, at the correct size in the build report.
- (827803) – Graphics: Fixed Rendering.CommandBuffer crash when drawing meshes.
- (849701) – IL2CPP: Fixed a crash that can occur in the player when a virtual method was called on a value type and that value type implements an interface which had an overload of that virtual method.
- (851098) – IL2CPP – Android: Fixed an issue whereby compiler/linker error output were not captured.
- (849072) – IL2CPP: Implemented the array SetValue method for arrays of nullable types.
- (847838) – IL2CPP: Prevented a compiler error in generated C++ code when calling Interlocked.CompareExchange from some managed code.
- (845174) – IL2CPP: Prevented a stack overflow exception in the player at run time when an infinitely nested generic method is used.
- (846956) – IL2CPP: Support managed stack traces on Android now.
- (840773, 849280) – IOS: Fixed an issue of freezes related to ARM atomics.
- (852363, 814365, 823587) – iOS: Fixed several crashes with regards to WWW and WebRequest.
- (801761) – Prefabs: Fixed an issue where a prefab instance could be incorrectly marked inactive when first loading a scene.
- (850350) – Scripting: Fixed MonoDevelop build errors when building UnityScript and Boo projects.
- (847853) – WebGL: Fixed crash when user writes a file using custom ArrayBuffer
- (822480) – Windows Store: Fixed duplicate assembly warning when building Universal 8.1.
The patch can be downloaded here.