Unreal Engine 4.10 was just released today.
Welcome to Unreal Engine 4.10! This release is packed with a number of great new features, but our main focus has been to increase engine stability and fix outstanding issues. Hundreds of reported bugs have been bashed, many new quality of life improvements were added, and virtually every supported platform has received updates. Unreal Engine is designed for incredible VR experiences, and every release it gets better. Epic’s “Bullet Train” VR demo is powered by new features in this version, with new rendering optimizations designed specifically for head mounted displays. Mobile gets a nice upgrade in this release too, with new scalability features and support for refraction. Last but not least, great news for programmers: You can now use Visual Studio 2015 for development on Windows. And on Mac, we’ve revamped our Xcode projects to allow you to work more efficiently. We’ve also refreshed our target platforms with support for latest SDKs.
New Major Features Include:
- Refraction Effects for Mobile
- Optimized VR Rendering
- Visual Studio 2015 Support
- Mobile Material Quality Settings
- UE4 Platform Updates (many)
- Landscape Mirror Tool
- Low Latency VR Motion Controllers
- Automatic Blueprint Node Arrangement
- Web Browser UI on Android
- Gamepad support on Android
- Amazon Fire Game Controller and Fire TV Remote Support
- NVidia Shield Controller and Portable Support
- Samsung Gamepad Support
- XCode Project Overhaul
- Mobile Provisioning Selector
- Misc bug fixes
Click here for full details of this release or fire up the Epic Launcher to update.