CocoonJS just released a new version. CocoonJS is a technology that allows you to bundle HTML applications into a native application for mobile app store deployment. This release contains:
- Canvas+ now handles correctly HTML5/Web exportations from Construct 2. Get more infohere.
- Added implementation for the FontFace CSS style. Fonts can now be downloaded from a remote URL defined in the FontFace attribute. Get more info here.
- Improvements in DOM support
- Make the window.document readOnly.
- Added window.pageXOffset and window.pageYOffset properties.
- Added document.defaultView property.
- XHR Improvements
- Make “text/plain;charset=UTF-8” the default content-type.
- Allow XHR responses to be saved to disk a new
cocoonSetOutputFileextension. Get more info here.
- Page pageLoaded / pageFailed are correctly called now.
- Fixed Audio System deadlock when alcOpenDevice fails.
- New (and correct) device orientation handling. Get more info here.
- Ensure the renderer is always resumed after loading a url.
- Improved WebGL compatibility with renderTargets.
- Fixed some problems in renderbufferStorage arguments, which caused an incomplete framebuffer status.
- Added new methods:
- Fixed problem with iOS 6 and iAd interstitials
- Added check to avoid null pointer exceptions when destroying the webview
- Fixed viewport size problem which happened in some devices
- Fixed some missing resources bugs
- Added support for Cordova 3.3 and 3.4.
- Some small improvements to the Android launcher UI.
- Improve download/unzip times in Android launcher.
- Make orientation handling behave the same as in the browser. Some existing games that depend on gyroscope/orientation might need some tweaking because of this.
- Fixed crash if device orientation changes during game launch.
- Ads with admob and mopub aren’t handled correctly, and may not appear. If more ad networks are configured in mopub, those will be served.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab devices crash due to SIGILL. We have already found the issue related to V8 and this specific hardware/processor and are working hard to try to solve it asap.
We are working on all of these bugs in order to solve them and create a new release asap. Sorry for the inconveniences.
Important: You can always revert the version of the launcher and the compiler you’re using. Get more info here.
If you think Cocoon sounds a heck of a lot like PhoneGAP/Cordova, well, it is. Cocoon have put together this comparison guide. Basically the biggest difference is speed.