Qodot is an open source add-on for the Godot game engine that enables you to export .MAP files created using traditional CSG authoring tools. Qodot is available under the MIT license on GitHub or can be added via the Godot addon market.
Features of Qodot include:
- Natively import .map files into Godot
- Brush geometry
- Per-face textures and customized UVs
- Precise trimesh collision
- Entities with arbitrary collections of parameters
- Extensible tree population
- Leverages the .map format’s simple key/value property system
- Spawn custom entities and brushes
- Supports the TrenchBroom editor
- Simple, intuitive map editor with a strong feature set
- Includes a simple Qodot game preset
- Can be built upon with game-specific entities and brush properties
Qodot also includes configurations to make getting up and running with TrenchBroom, however any Quake level editor should work. You can learn more about Qodot on their wiki or by watching the video below.
GameDev News Design