Unity are currently running their annual Mega Bundle (covered here) a huge collection of Unity assets including TileWorldCreator and FullScreen Editor, both of which we go hands-on with today. TileWorldCreator is a procedural tool for quickly creating 2D and 3D levels. Features include:
- Create beautiful islands or awesome dungeons.
- Use it for Top down shooters, Tower defense, Strategy games, FPS, RPG…
- Needs only 5 tiles to create beautiful and production ready worlds.
- Use your own tile prefabs.(custom 3d meshes or 2d planes)
- Works with 3rd party pathfinding solutions.
- High quality Unity 5 PBR scifi tile preset included
- 5 additional tile presets with 1k – 2k textures included.
- Scatter objects like trees, stones or decals onto your world.
- Automatically set a start and end position on a map (player, portals).
- 10 demoscenes included.
- 4 different map algorithms + possibility to add your own
- Editor / runtime generation of maps.
- Paint maps directly in the scene editor.
- Runtime generation works on mobile iOS and Android.
- Use layers to add heights.
- Maps can be merged to clusters for occlusion culling and drawcall reduction.
The other asset we feature in the video below is FullScreen Editor for Unity, a quick and dirty but incredibly useful tool for Unity that enables you to full screen the currently active window, or the editor or game view with a single key press. Links above contain an affiliate code that pay GFS a commission if used (and thanks if you do!).