Unity are currently running their annual Mega Bundle (covered here) a huge collection of Unity assets including TileWorldCreator and FullScreen Editor, both of which we go hands-on with today. TileWorldCreator is a procedural tool for quickly creating 2D and 3D levels. Features include:
- Create beautiful islands or awesome dungeons.
- Use it for Top down shooters, Tower defense, Strategy games, FPS, RPG…
- Needs only 5 tiles to create beautiful and production ready worlds.
- Use your own tile prefabs.(custom 3d meshes or 2d planes)
- Works with 3rd party pathfinding solutions.
- High quality Unity 5 PBR scifi tile preset included
- 5 additional tile presets with 1k – 2k textures included.
- Scatter objects like trees, stones or decals onto your world.
- Automatically set a start and end position on a map (player, portals).
- 10 demoscenes included.
- 4 different map algorithms + possibility to add your own
- Editor / runtime generation of maps.
- Paint maps directly in the scene editor.
- Runtime generation works on mobile iOS and Android.
- Use layers to add heights.
- Maps can be merged to clusters for occlusion culling and drawcall reduction.
If you want to learn more about TileWorldCreator you can check out the documentation online or the store page available here (but be sure to purchase it in the Mega Bundle instead!)
The other asset we feature in the video below is FullScreen Editor for Unity, a quick and dirty but incredibly useful tool for Unity that enables you to full screen the currently active window, or the editor or game view with a single key press. Links above contain an affiliate code that pay GFS a commission if used (and thanks if you do!).