Unity have released another game engine patch, this one version 5.4.1p1. In addition to an update to Oculus SDK 1.10 this patch contains an above average number of fixes and improvements including:
- Lighting: Added more information to the additive loading error message e.g. The loaded level has a different lightmaps mode than the current one. Current: Directional. Loaded: Directional Specular. Will use: Directional.
- macOS/iOS/tvOS: Allow developers to use Xcode’s manual signing paradigm by specifying a provisioning profile in Player Settings
- VR: Updated Oculus to version 1.10
- (833396) – AI: Fix for an error when calling Warp and enabling a disabled NavMeshAgent. Errors in console: “!InCrowdSystem” and “!handle.IsValid()”.
- (793711) – Asset Import: Fixed an issue where deleting asset labels manually from .meta files would not be picked up by the editor.
- (845859) – Asset Pipeline: Fixed regression where cache lz4 compression was not being performed for uncompressed AssetBundles.
- (832578) – Audio: Fixed the issue which prevented streaming audio loading on 32-bit Apple devices which were upgraded to iOS 10.
- (824962) – Editor: Fixed editor focus when multiple light probes have been selected.
- (814160) – Editor: Fixed the logType passed to LogCallback in the event of an unhandled exception.
- (833866) – Editor: Tweaked the output of the generated Visual Studio solution file to better match Visual Studio standard format to fix problems opening Unity generated projects with Rider GUI.
- (834258) – Graphics : Added additional error checking for compute buffers to catch invalid size and stride earlier to give a better error message.
- (none) – Graphics: DX12 optimisation to reduce number of calls to CopyDescriptors.
- (832595) – Graphics: Fixed a crash when switching scenes whilst reflection probes are updating.
- (728648) – Graphics: Fixed a crash when baking lightmaps in scenes with multiple terrains.
- (840141) – Graphics: Fixed Camera.SetReplacementShader renders objects affected by projectors even when the tag does not match.
- (839035) – Graphics: Fixed a crash when using dynamic batching.
- (821028) – Graphics: Fixed multiple lights not rendering when in deferred mode and using gfx jobs.
- (none) – Graphics: Fixed a rare situation which could lead to a deadlock when running with graphics jobs enabled.
- (769758) – Graphics: Fixed selection of objects in Scene View if the scene contains reflective water.
- (817524) – Graphics: Improved transparency support on meshes with multiple materials.
- (843813) – Graphics: Skip rendering of default reflection in Deferred when the reflection not set.
- (817056) – iOS: Fixed touch input latency issue for iOS 10.
- (847976) – Linux: Fixed the shutdown crash.
- (829943) – Networking: Calling NetworkTransport.GetCurrentRTT causes editor crash when use WebSockets is enabled.
- (831101) – Networking: CRC Mismatch on Wii U (Big Endian Issue?).
- (830108) – Networking: Fixed: Enabling WebSockets in NetworkManager maxes out a CPU core.
- (839116) – Networking: WebSockets client doesn’t support multiple connections.
- (849084) – Particles: Fixed occasional crash when using external forces module.
- (850947) – Serialization: Fixed a rare issue where prefab references from scene objects would be show as missing when using text serialization.
- (842364) – UI: Fixed an issue whereby disabling parent canvas allowed child canvas to render.
- (845448) – UI: Fixed Sprite Packer not packing sprites with ETC1 when compressing sprites for android
- (846096) – UI: Fixed threading problem when computing bounds which could lead to an infinite loop in the UI system.
- (835538) – UWP : Fixed problem where incorrect GUID was being used in generated .csproj files.
- (847985) – Windows Store: Fixed an issue in building with C# projects enabled when dependency existed between them.
As always, the patch is available for download here.