Epic Games have just made another massive giveaway for Unreal Engine developers. Teaming up with Red Sparrow and AnnaPurna Interactive, Epic are giving away a huge number of assets from the game What Remains of Edith Finch on the Unreal Engine marketplace.
Details of the assets from the UE blog:
- Over 3,000 stylized meshes with unique textures and materials
- The Finch family’s unique home, with distinctive bedrooms and furnishings
- Rustic family kitchen with appliances and kitchenware
- Low-poly fantasy kingdom, with townspeople, stalls and castle building blocks
- Misty beach environment, including outdoor wedding and party decorations
- And more!
Perhaps most interesting of all, this is the first giveaway of perhaps many, as you can see from this comment also in the UE blog:
Following the large content releases from Epic Games for Paragon and Infinity Blade, we are excited to announce our partnership with Giant Sparrow and Annapurna Interactive as the first in a series of new, free content coming to the Unreal Engine Marketplace from teams across the community.
This exclusive collection of assets features environment models, props, materials, and more from the BAFTA Award-winning title.
Hopefully we should be seeing further assets from other games in the future, an exciting idea. You can download the assets from the Unreal Marketplace and you can learn more about the giveaway in the video below.