Currently part of the 30 for $30 Unity Mega Bundle Atlas Terrain is an extension for the Unity terrain system that gives you several new abilities. At it’s core it enables you to use multiple terrain height maps like prefabs, quickly stamping out your terrain. Additionally it contains spline based tools for roads, cliffs, etc as well as tools for scattering objects around your terrain.
Features of the Atlas Terrain add-on:
- Simple and powerful workflow
- Multi-terrain support
- Compatible with all render pipelines, VR/Mobile.
- No impact on runtime performance or memory
- Adaptive editor performance
- 58 pre-built stamps for you to get started
- Stamps can be edited at any time
- Import stamps from terrain generators such as:
[GAEA,World Machine,World Creator]
- Export height, global normal map, global color map and 16 Splatmaps
- Splatmap control
- Scattering of trees, foliage and objects
- Splines that can make connected road networks and rivers
- Spline to mesh
- Scale references (get a sense of scale while working)
You can learn more about the Atlas Terrain addon as well as the 30 for $30 Unity Mega Bundle in the video below.