Announced over at the Cocos2D-x blog today, they just released version 3.9 of the popular cross platform open source 2D based C++ framework. The release is primarily for maintenance and stability but some new functionality was added as detailed on the forum:
- 3D Module:
- Added 3D
MotionStreakto support streak effect.
Sprite3Dto support material system.
- 2D Module:
- Added frame callback function and animation callback function.
- Added script component system.
- Reconstruction of 2D physics with Component.
- Improved EditBox implementation on iOS and Win32 platform.
- Removed dependence of libcurl on
Downloader(iOS & Android).
- Improved particle performance.
Actioninheritance, update function overwriting in JSB.
ScrollViewperformance in Web engine.
Scale9Spriteperformance in Web engine.
updateColor()in Web engine.
- Added support for debugging and release on real devices with Xcode7 and iOS9.
The new release can be downloaded here. (Direct link)
If you are interested in learning more about Cocos2d-x, we have a full tutorial series available here.