LibGDX is a cross platform open source game development framework (previously covered in-depth tutorial series on GFS here and here) that has seen more frequent development in recent months. LibGDX is a battle tested and production ready game framework that was used in recent titles such as Attack the Spire and Delver. There have been a recent series of status reports (one, two and three) showcasing under development LibGDX feature.
New features include:
- updated controller support including vibration, device querying, hot-plugging, more reliable mappings and more
- a new Packr maintainer now with MacOS signing support
- gdx-video extension is now under development again
- a prototype of a new web based setup tool
- Linux ARM support (Raspberry Pi)
- GWT web platform improvements
- Box2D and LWJGL3 updates
If you are interested in learning more about LibGDX it is now hosted at https://libgdx.com/, while the source code is available on GitHub under the Apache 2.0 open source license. You can learn more about LibGDX in the video below. The title graphic is a screenshot from Pathway by Robotality, another LibGDX powered game. The game UnCiv, a Civilization Port for Android and Desktop, mentioned in the video is available here.