Phaser 2.7.4 CE was just released. Phaser is a HTML5 based 2D game engine. If you are interested in learning more, we have a complete Phaser with TypeScript tutorial series available here on GameFromScratch. You may be wondering about the CE tag, this simply refers to community edition. The primary developer Photon Storm turned over development of Phaser 2.x to the community, while they focused on the next release.
Details from the release announcement:
The new features include:
- New method Phaser.Math.hypot() calculates the length of the hypotenuse spanning two given lengths
- Added copyBitmapData function to Phaser.Bitmap
- Added noPause logic to src/input/Pointer.js
- Added timeStep parameter pass to state.pauseUpdate call at src/core/Game.js
- Added tileOffset (Phaser.Point) property to Phaser.TilemapLayer. This allows offsetting layer positions in a way that plays well with the camera and Arcade physics. Also, the offsetx and offsety properties are now read from the layer properties of Tiled maps.
And updates include fixes to FireFox image caching, a new yarn lock file, a travis build script, lots of TypeScript defs updates, new Text fixes, JSHint fixes and loads more.
Phaser is available for download on Github.