As mentioned earlier this week Unigine are launching a community version of their Unigine game engine, traditionally used in engineering and simulation industries. The new Community version has much more indie friendly licensing terms, including free usage up to $100K USD annual income.
In addition to the new Community version, Unigine 2.11 was just released with the following new features:
- Community Edition, free for non-commercial/academic projects and enthusiasts.
- Optimized performance: async node update, optimized bounds calculation.
- Better input handling and window management via SDL.
- Improved particles shading.
- C# Component System updates: renaming, simple inheritances, parameter conditions.
- Significantly improved multi-channel rendering, revamped Syncker system.
- Usability improvements and performance optimizations of UnigineEditor.
- Fox Hole archviz demo with both desktop and VR modes.
As always we do a deeper dive on Unigine 2.11 and Unigine Community in the video below.